Well thank goodness for Easter – have had two whole weeks off work. Heavenly and weird in equal measure as it was lovely yet strange to not be at work.
This Easter I have:
- Read a lot. I have read Penny Dreadfuls (gothic horror stories), Everything, Everything, and Pandemic 1918. I keep finding books while shelving in the libraries I work at, and now have three books on the go, plus one our neighbour lent me.
- Supported Husband with TWO job interviews. Will wonders never cease?
- Used vouchers gained from surveys to do two badly needed replacements, so got a new vacuum cleaner and toastie maker and only had to pay the £10 the vouchers didn’t cover.
- Spent quality time with family and friends and neighbours.
- Attended Sharing Sherwood for the first time in months and really enjoyed it. Got some nice food from it as well.
- Had lovely and relaxing romantic candlelit dinner at home with Husband.
- Found coat hangers and a cake tin for cheaps in the charity shop, and a cardigan for myself. Also found reduced deodorants in Boots so added it to our stash. Some of them will go to the foodbank.
- Been to Norway and seen my family. Going there the flight was so empty I had a whole row to myself. Score!
- My sister and her family gave me two nice skirts and a dress, and sent me home with a load of food for Husband and myself. I came home with two packs of lamb mince, two huge packs of bratwursts, two lamb steaks, a pack of pork, four packs of reindeer dogs and a pack of nice steak. It will really help on the old grocery budget.
- Pegged washing out!
- Got some nice bargains at Tesco after work on Sunday (Got time and a half for it as out of term as well).
I wonder what this spring term will bring?