I’m done working at the college and the university for the summer (apart from the odd Saturday 10am to 2pm) as I work term-time. Won’t be back at work now until the 28th of August now, and not back full time (six days a week) until the 1st of October.
Part of me wants to bask in this. You’ve worked SO had and this year has brought out feelings you didn’t even know you possessed, you DESERVE a rest!
But not going to lie, it feels super weird to not be at work. It’s quite unsettling, the lack of routine. It’s been about two weeks now and I feel ready to come back!
Because of husband’s work and the grievance we have decided to pursue, I feel a bit in limbo at the moment as I don’t feel we can go anywhere until this has been settled. We are due to travel home to Norway in the end of August for a week to see my family but that’s everything we are doing travelling wise.
Husband’s workplace have received our grievance and confirmed that they have received it so we will see what they do with it. They have to investigate it and respond in a timely manner, they cannot legally ignore it according to our union, so we’ll see what happens with that. Work itself has been very calm and nobody has mentioned the grievance at all. However the quite frankly infuriating way husband has been treated at work this year is not diminished or excused by this period of apparent calmness. I don’t trust them and am very interested to see what they come back with once they have investigated our allegations, as the burden of evidence is on the employer, it is THEIR responsibility to prove husband has not been discriminated against.
Anyway. Yes, Staycation this year. So in an attempt to make it more structured, I sat down and wrote a list when the staycation started, naming some things I want to do this summer.
I have added to it though as I’ve completed things. I know, I know, I need to relax! But let’s face it, as I work six days a week from September to June, WHEN will I have time to do things like:
- Visit the Windmill. We have a working windmill that’s open to visitors and in all my years of living in Nottingham I have never been to visit it.
Clean the whole kitchen. Cupboards, inside and out. Sort them. Doors. On top of cupboards. Clean oven. Clean outside of oven. Pull oven out and clean behind it.Done! YASS! Clean the windows and windowsills I can reach.Done. Visit husband’s sister and husband in Wales.We are going, this weekend!
- Write a review a week. Since finishing at work I have written two. I write and publish my reviews here.
- Go through our clothes upstairs and my clothes in the bedroom to sort and donate/sell/give away stuff not used.
Dust the blinds downstairs.Done
- Visit the park up the street, bring food.
- Go to Wollaton Hall and walk around the lake.
Tidy, wipe down and sort the shelf by the bathroom.Done.
- Copy down all my reviews and store them somewhere safe.
Do our tax returns.Done.
- Get a will written?
Take our duvets and pillows to the launderette.Done.
- Do 30 minutes on the exercise bike every day. Pahahaha. Not even done this once yet. I am so bad at this whole healthy lifestyle thing:(
Clean the covers of the two Poang armchairs.Done.
- Defrost and clean the fridge freezer.
What about you? Do you have anything you’d like to do this summer? Are you having a staycation?